My Team

My Team 2019: Version 1.0

Discuss your team in My Team.

AFL Fantasy is here for 2019! The game has launched with a brand spanking new interface and it’s time to play with our teams up until that full lockout at 7:50pm AEDT on Friday 22nd March.

All prices can be found by clicking here. Below is how initial prices have been calculated.

• $12,800,000 salary cap is projected.
  • Players are priced based on their output last season. eg. 2018 average x magic number (approx 7142 for 2019).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2017 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2016, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Don’t forget to read the targets by Pete from aflratings.com.au on each club where you can also listen to the podcasts and download a printable pdf. Click here to access the articles. If you wish to continue using DT Live’s Drawing Board, click here to access Chad’s masterpiece.

1,178 Comments

1,178 Comments

1. House Of Cards 2019

February 8, 2019 at 10:48 pm

1 but im currently rocking with brouch and hanners

• Team Whitsundays

February 12, 2019 at 2:00 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Z Williams, Collins, Burgess (Wigg, Hore)
      MID: Macrae, Cripps, M Crouch, Adams, Sloane, Walsh, Bewley, Constable (Woodcock, Hind)
      RUC: Grundy, Z Clarke (Fort, Cameron)
      FOR: Dangerfield, D Smith, Dunkley, Setterfield, Cavarra, Corbett (Parker, McAdam)

First time post a team on this platform, any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. anth80

February 9, 2019 at 10:01 am

Is Walsh a better option then Bennell and Gibbons?
    Rank the 3 in order of must have rooks.
    Currently have Bennell.

• PK

February 9, 2019 at 10:21 am

Its all going to depend on what role they play during JLT, how they perform etc and obviously if named round 1. But pre JLT i would say Walsh is a must have, Bennell is still unknown whether he will play round 1 and Gibbons wont play any JLT so not sure if hes in round 1 calculations also..

If all are named round 1 I’ll be trying to get all 3 in my side.

3. stoo

February 9, 2019 at 11:19 am

Rough first draft. If Bennell is named then will upgrade to Grundy, although kinda looking forward to getting burned by the tractor for the first time in years. Concerned may not be enough cash gen?

Hard keeping up to date in NZ, appreciate any comments on injuries etc.

Whitfield, Sicily, Witherden, Birchall, Logue, Wigg (Hore, Goddard)

Kelly, Cripps, M.Crouch, Adams, B.Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Bewley (Constable, Hind)

Gawn, Kruezer (Fort, Cameron)

McDonald, Kelly, Billings, Petracca, Cavarra, Parker (Corbett, McAdam)

$27k leftover lolly

• peterthomas25

February 9, 2019 at 11:28 am

Birchall looking sketchy for R1 and, IMO, may start slow when he plays due to lack of match fitness. Kruezer is just dangerous and has had injury troubles this pre-season. What is that forward line? No Dangerfield. Petracca? I don’t mind the McDonald pick, but seriously, no Dangerfield. IMO you have no forwards that will average 100+.

• stoo

February 9, 2019 at 11:41 am

I liked how Petracca developed last year, and wonder if Danger might be in for a sore year. Think forward line does need work.

Didn’t know about Kruez’ pre-season or Birchall either, cheers. Will follow JLT and see how they go.

• Jake

February 9, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Dangers sore year was last year, you are a down right idiot if you don’t pick him.

• stoo

February 9, 2019 at 12:10 pm

If Bennell is named then Petracca becomes him and upgrades may be McD to Danger and Kreuz to Grundy.

• The Chosen Won

February 9, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Christian Petracca is all hype by the media nothing more, FOUR Fantasy tons in 3 years i think Ty Vickery has more…

I am Menegola ©™

Good Luck™®©

4. TCbah

February 9, 2019 at 12:40 pm

28k rem

DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, Smith, Williams, Collins, Hore (Burgess, Wigg)
    MID: Macrae, Cripps, Treloar, M.Crouch, Worpel, Walsh, Setterfield, Hind (Bewley, Constable)
    RUC: Grundy, Martin (Fort, Cameron)
    FWD: Smith, Dangerfield, Heeney, McFayden, Cavarra, Corbett (Parker, Young)

• bullant9

February 9, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Another hawk pseudonym.

5. Kickstart

February 9, 2019 at 1:29 pm

First team for the year- RDT

DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, Williams, B.Smith, Quaynor, Wigg (Burgess, Watson)
    MID: Cripps, M.Crouch, Sidebottom, Neale, Miles, Libba, Bewely, Hind (Mosquito, McHenry, Vandemeer)
    RUC: Grundy, Witts (Bines)
    FWD: Smith, Danger, Westhoff, Worpel, Setterfield, Parker (Cavarra, Parker)

Where do I lack the most?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

• andyjh

February 9, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Pretty solid team, Witts is a great pick. Plenty of natural improvement left in him. Im nervous about the Hoff, not sure if he can back up last year.

• The Chosen Won

February 9, 2019 at 3:04 pm

RDT with limited trades you need to start with as many “Keepers” as humanly possible, i personally feel you have missed the mark and i count 10 maybe 11 if you count one of Williams/Witts or Worpel to excel..

I am Menegola ©™

Good Luck™®©

• House of Cards 2019

February 9, 2019 at 3:32 pm

How many keepers are people rolling with atm not incl Williams, Worpel, Hanners brouch? I have 12. Par?

• The Chosen Won

February 9, 2019 at 4:01 pm

I have 13 Not including William’s..

I am Menegola ©™

DT Talk League 2019 is:..STPVF5VJ…5/16

Last few Spot open….

I am Menegola ©™

Good Luck™®©

• The Chosen Won

February 9, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Welcome O R ready for another ass kicking :)

I am Menegola ©™

Good Luck™®©

• Iridium192

February 10, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Hawk, can you join STPVF5VJ? I would like to see that :)

• andyjh

February 10, 2019 at 12:35 pm

You would like to see his team with Gola as captain get flogged every week?

7. The Chosen Won

February 9, 2019 at 2:57 pm

2019 RDT Leagues:
    ——————
    725774… 13/18
    269205… 11/18
    253691… 7/18
    339180… 7/18
    668377… 12/18
    493264… 7/18

Come test your skills against some of the best Real Dream Team players.

I am Menegola ©™

Good Luck™®©

8. House of Cards 2019

February 9, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Macrae + Dusty or Cripps and Merrett?

• peterthomas25

February 9, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Macrae and Martin

• Pete

February 10, 2019 at 2:56 pm

Cripps & Merrett

9. Sam Hawk Menegola

February 9, 2019 at 5:28 pm

McRae and Merrett easy graduate

10. Trent

February 9, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Thoughts on Treloar and Matt Crouch? And what do you see them averaging?

11. Crouch

February 9, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Macrae and English or adams and goldy?

• House of Cards 2019

February 9, 2019 at 7:57 pm

Sorry its a re-shuffle required. Macrae must have, English is a trap

12. Sam Hawk Menegola

February 9, 2019 at 6:05 pm

Adams and Goldy only coz that’s my R2 but I have Adams and Merrett as well

• bullant9

February 9, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Shit coaches shouldn’t be given advise

• Iridium192

February 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Most good coaches don’t ask for shit advice.

• bullant9

February 10, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Wats your point iridium

• Iridium192

February 10, 2019 at 1:12 pm

My point is that you don’t see too many good players posting their teams here. How many times have you seen “Genuine” top 500 players post their teams here unless in a featured article? My point is so many people can’t think for themselves or trust their gut feel for the game. Like Macrae + Dusty or Cripps and Merrett. Could make arguments for all of them. I have 2 of them but not in the pairings given. If you can’t afford the ones you want, free up the cash to get what you want. The better question would have been.

“Hey guys, I cant separate these guys. What are your thoughts on Macrae, Dusty, Cripps and Merrett. Please rate them 1 to 4.

I guess I am a believer in owning your own decisions.

• Sam Hawk Menegola

February 10, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Never mind the little pissant, the dwarfed apprentice hairdresser is still tormented by the fact it has now been revealed in public that this thing and his fishing pal chosen won are the reason why brokeback mountain is a true story

• Iridium192

February 10, 2019 at 1:36 pm

And Hawk, you are an annoying inhabitant here with your attempted humour missing the mark on most occasions. Put up or shut up I say. Classic tall poppy syndrome. Lets get the trash talkers in a league and see where it ends. STPVF5VJ, there is a League code, jump in. Chosen Won, let him in, any other opinionated and self confessed GOATS fill it up. Bullant9 I am sure you will be welcomed and let the fireworks fly.

• House of Cards 2019

February 10, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Um, the post is called My Team….disagree. Those that dont post think they have an incredible team they wont share. Theres only so much u can do within the salary cap generally using a guns n rookies approach.

• bullant9

February 10, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Im already in leagues against you and chosen, I have no real interest in thrashing the shit out of a crab coach like hawk , a novice could beat that clown. I just like given hawk lip because he is a hannah mouncey impersonater

• Iridium192

February 10, 2019 at 2:06 pm

And that is the game House of Cards. Don’t get me wrong, this forum and topic has its place to share opinions, but at the end of the day the game is testing your own knowledge against the rest. No ones opinions are always correct when it comes to players anticipated scoring potential because it comes down to roles within their teams, preseason preparation, new arrivals at a club, overall team success.
            For what it is worth, as it is only my opinion, I will share my thoughts on the players you have asked about.
            Macrae: A proven ball magnet. With Mitchell out he could be that Captain option most teams need week in week out
            Dusty A long time must have in Fantasy. His output was a bit inconsistent last year. depends on his roll with the arrival of Lynch up forward. Monitor JLT
            Cripps: A young Bull in a poor performing side. Seems to be Carlton’s go to guy
            Merrett: Interrupted preseason and the arrival of Dylan Shiel may see a role change, watch JLT.

For me McRae and cripps out of the 4 you have named

13. Cripps

February 9, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Jacob’s or goldy?

Kelly, cripps or m crouch?

• peterthomas25

February 9, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Goldstein and Kelly.

14. House of Cards 2019

February 9, 2019 at 10:13 pm

Attempt to stack def. Thoughts?

Def: J.Lloyd (108), L.Whitfield (104), J.Sicily (103), A.Witherden (95), Z.Williams (85), M.Hore (58) (H.Goddard (23.80), C.Burgess (23.80))

Mid: J.Macrae (121), L.Neale (104), T.Adams (115), D.Martin (100), D.Hannebery (90), S.Walsh (70), N.Hind (23.80), C.Constable (23.80) (B.Woodcock (23.80), B.Bewley (60))

Ruc: B.Grundy (120), S.Jacobs (87) (D.Fort (23.80), J.Sweet (23.80))

Fwd: P.Dangerfield (110), I.Heeney (100), C.Wingard (89), B.Cavarra (58), M.Parker (60), J.Corbett (23.80) (M.Ling (23.80), S.McAdam (23.80))

• Tigerfuzz

February 10, 2019 at 3:02 am

Probably the best team I’ve seen, amazed it fits in the cap. Makes me really appreciate how cheap adams and Dusty are!.
      Our Pods = Laird (110), Smith (75), Cripps (115), Kelly (115), Crouch (110), Merrett (115), English (70), Billings (90) [800] VS Whitfield (105), witho (95), Macrae (115), Neale (110), Adams (110), Dusty (110), Jacob’s (90), Wingard (90) [825].

I feel like there are slightly more unknowns with your unique players compared to mine (the Whitfield tag, how much will witho improve, can Macrae maintain a beast avg without as much inside game now libba is back, will Neale learn how to kick a ball, will adams get mid time, will Dusty give a shit, has Jacob’s decline been due to his age or Adelaide being shit last year etc, will Wingard hold up for enough games)

• The Chosen Won

February 10, 2019 at 7:43 am

Wingard Fact:

Chad averages 100 Fantasy points every 4.5 games over 4 years.. Pass for me

I am Menegola ©™

Good Luck™®©

• Buckz Boys

February 10, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Adams wont go 115, Hanners wont go 90. Too may pies mids for them to all fluorish, Adams will see HB time again. Hanners at BEST will go 85, likely to be 80s.
      Rest looks nice, pretty similar to my team overall.

15. Renegades23

February 10, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Would love some feedback on my Real Dream Team please:

Def: Lloyd, Whitfield, Witho, Newman, Goddard, Burgess, (Wigg, Hore)

Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Merrett, Adams Martin, A.Hall, Walsh, Bewley (Stocker, Constable, Hind)

Ruc: Grundy, Sauce (Fort)

For: Danger, Heeney, Wingard, Setterfield, Corbett, Cavarra (Shultz, Parker)

78k remaining

16. House of Cards 2019

February 10, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Would avoid Wingard in RDT. Gets a lot of soft tissue inj. Go billings I reckon. Avgd 97 in his last 10.

17. Ces

February 10, 2019 at 2:25 pm

My team at the moment . Thoughts would be appreciated
    Def: lloyd, witherden, Williams, Smith, Logue, Burgess(hore,Wigg)
    Mid: Macrae, Conglio, Cripps, Adams, hannes, Libba , Walsh, Hind (Bewly, Constable)
    Ruc: Grundy, English (Sweet , Fort)
    Fwd: Dangerfield, Heeney,Dunkley, Worpel, Setterfield,Cavara, ( Parker,Corbett)
    15k in the bank

• Intelsonic

February 10, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Looks pretty solid, keep an eye on hanners in jlt (as well as dunks role). Liking the cogs pick, havnt seen to much of him so far

• andyjh

February 10, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Im really hoping Dunkley maintains his back half of last year & doesnt get thrown forward again. Interesting to see if Libba has an impact on his scoring.

• Intelsonic

February 10, 2019 at 3:14 pm

heres hoping, dunkleys definitely someone I wanna squeeze in if I can but its him or danger at this stage and I’m more confident in danger scoring well

• Sam Hawk Menegola

February 10, 2019 at 3:25 pm

You could always downgrade, well I wouldn’t say downgrade, seems more like an upgrade but danger to Menegola who is likely to have more minutes in the guts this year more than danger and probably play more games injury free then upgrade someone to Dunkley and your welcome

• Intelsonic

February 10, 2019 at 3:29 pm

actually danger-menegola lets me go wingard to dunkley so good bye danger

• bullant9

February 10, 2019 at 3:33 pm

The blind leading the blind

18. Jesse W

February 10, 2019 at 2:55 pm

Mccrae and Menegola
    Or
    Cripps and Dunkley
    ???

• Sam Hawk Menegola

February 10, 2019 at 2:57 pm

Mccrae and Menegola mate.
      Both coming of big years and will be even greater this year . Lock em in mate, I know I have.

• Jesse W

February 10, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Yeah sounds about right, cheers mate exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for helping us out Sam , I’ll roll with that this year and cheers for helping out the fantasy community top stuff

• Sam Hawk Menegola

February 10, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Your welcome mate anytime. Have a solid year and good luck. Remember I’m always here to help.

• andyjh

February 10, 2019 at 3:07 pm

OMG… FACE PALM!?!

• bullant9

February 10, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Ha ha ha ha you idiot, farken talking to yourself

• PK

February 10, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Talking to yourself again

19. Stevo

February 10, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Laird, Lloyd, W’field, Collins, Q’nor, Logue (Wigg, Wilkie)
    Macrae, Kelly, Ross, S’bottom, Shiel, Walsh, Ellis, S’field (Bewley, Hind) … Gibbons (if & when named)
    Witts, Clarke (Fort, Briggs)
    Smith, D’field, Dunkley, Rankine, Cavarra, Parker (Corbett, Burgess)
    Splurged the 12.8

20. Mitch W

February 10, 2019 at 6:49 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Witho, Williams, Collins, Wigg (Hore, Goddard)
    MID: Cripps, Beams, Merrett, Neale, Hanners, Walsh, Bewley, North (Constable, Wagner)
    RUC: Grundy, Witts (Fort, Cameron)
    FWD: Smith, Dangerfield, Heeney, Setterfied, Cavarra, Parker (Corbett, McAdam)

10K remaining. Thoughts would be appreciated!

21. Sam Hawk Menegola

February 10, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Watching the AFLW game between the Fremantle dykers and Brisbane lessos. I actually see a future in fantasy for these mob. Something to think about

• bullant9

February 10, 2019 at 7:53 pm

You can talk hannah

• Charlie Wolfe

February 10, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Such a dick of a comment. Wonder why nobody likes you here.

• andyjh

February 11, 2019 at 5:08 am

I think they should introduce AFLW Fantasy. It would give us something to do during summer and it would bring more viewers to the game. I dont currently follow it but i sure would if i had a fantasy team.

22. PK

February 10, 2019 at 7:27 pm

1. Whitfield, Jacobs + 8k
    2. Newman, Westoff + 33k
    3. B Smith, Gawn + 78k

Thoughts?
    Cheers

23. House of Cards 2019

February 10, 2019 at 8:13 pm

24. Nick

February 10, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Averages for these players?

Treloar
    M.Crouch
    Coniglio
    T.Kelly
    Sicily

• Sam Hawk Menegola

February 10, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Won’t know until the end of the season

• Intelsonic

February 10, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Definitely not confident but imo

Treloar – 105

Coniglio 110
      T Kelly 95
      Sicily 100

25. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 10, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Trialling something different, grundy’s broken toe slightly scares me a bit,

So trialling this without him,

DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, Mills, Williams, Collins, Burgess (Goddard, Wigg)

MID: Macrae, Crippa, Brayshaw, Coniglio, Adams, Miles, Walsh, Bewley, ( Hind, Atkins)

Ruck: Witts, Jacobs (Fort, Fullerton)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, Gresham, McCarthy, Cavarra, Corbett, (Lewis, Petrecelle)

13k left,

Thoughts on a Grundyless squad?

• Sam Hawk Menegola

February 10, 2019 at 9:11 pm

So you listen to one article in the news today about McCarthy and all of a sudden he is instantly put in a team, geez thought you were supposed to be a gun. NEXT

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 10, 2019 at 9:29 pm

Had him in my team 2 weeks ago and don’t know what article you’re talking about…… flog

26. Goaldon Boots

February 10, 2019 at 9:32 pm

Thoughts?? Knowing most Teams will be the same come round 1.

F. Lloyd, Whitfield, Witherden, Williams, Collins, Wigg, (Godd, Burg)
    M. Jack Mac, Oliver, M Crouch, Neal, Hannas, Walsh, Bennell, Bewley, (Constable, Hind)
    R. Grund, Eng, (Cameron, Fort)
    B. Smith, Danger, Dunk, Setterfield, Cavarra, Corbet, (Lewis, Mc Adam)

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 10, 2019 at 11:39 pm

I don’t see hanners as being as consistent as someone like Miles, Even he said so himself when I served him on Saturday night. Not really set for midfield time, he’s looking as a half forward or half back,

Devon Smith, id watch that bicep, needs to be cared for, id watch over the next 2 weeks,

Bold on Oliver, I’m going Gus but both are definitely a 50/50 split on how well they’ll do.

27. Greg

February 10, 2019 at 9:52 pm

I’ve completely butchered my team from what it originally was, but thought I would have a bit of a more unique side sitting there for a while.

DEF: Lloyd, Sicily, Mills, Williams, Logue, Wigg, (Hore, Goddard)
    MID: M Crouch, Zerrett, Adams, Martin, Hall, Libba, Bennell, Bewley, (Hind, Constable)
    RUCK: Grundy, English, (Fort, Cameron)
    FWD: Danger, Heeney, T Kelly, Worpel, Setterfield, Cavarra, (Burgess, Corbett)
    $105k remaining

Got a bit in the bank to change it around, but what do people think of this side?

28. Damian

February 10, 2019 at 10:51 pm

Would love some thoughts lads! first crack at a team this year :))

DEF: Lloyd, Sicily, Witherden, Williams, Collins, Here (Burgess, Wigg)

MID: Cripps, Merrett, Adams, Sloane, Bcrouch, Hannebery, Walsh, Constable (Bewley, Hind)

RUCK: Grundy, English (Fort, Sweet)

FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Wingard, Worpel, Setterfield, Cavarra (McAdam, Corbett)

29. Gav D

February 10, 2019 at 11:07 pm

Do a lot AF players here subscribe to Fantasy coach? is it worth the money when I have found sites like dtlive and fanfooty? thanks.

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 10, 2019 at 11:21 pm

I do

• Sam Hawk Menegola

February 10, 2019 at 11:43 pm

I’ve never used it ever, is that what made you pick Oliver Florent last year arctic as you said he was a jet, a gun etc. turned out to be an absolute spud

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 10, 2019 at 11:45 pm

Nah, that was because I know Ollie from school, so stop acting like an outright kunt

• andyjh

February 11, 2019 at 5:14 am

Mate i have been playing since 2008 & i have never bought it. If you know your stuff & what sites to use, you probably dont need it but if you are short on time all the info is right there for you. Get the free trial & see if you like it.

30. Cripps

February 11, 2019 at 12:50 pm

B smith and goldy or Simpson and English?

• peterthomas25

February 11, 2019 at 3:01 pm

Smith and Goldstein

31. Monday

February 11, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Need 2. Miles, hanners and b crouch?

• Sam Hawk Menegola

February 11, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Another hammy setback issue with hanners today so I personally would go miles and crouch

• arcticflyingwombat

February 11, 2019 at 6:03 pm

Now who is reading one article and now think he knows everything, f**k off prick

32. Luke

February 11, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Thoughts on Treloar this year? Barely heard his name mentioned. I reckon he flies under the radar with Sidebottom and Beams getting the attention. Can see a 110-115 season and top 5 mid. Nice early draw too

• Buckz Boys

February 11, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Why would Beams get the attention over Treloar? I can’t justify any pies mids because there’s so many who will be rotating through there, the forward &/or backline.

• Kambo

February 11, 2019 at 5:57 pm

I’m with buckz on this one. Too much unknown with the Collingwood midfield group, so would much rather have one as an upgrade target than a risky starter.

33. Renegades23

February 11, 2019 at 2:39 pm

Would love some feedback on my Real Dream Team please:

Def: Lloyd, Whitfield, Witho, Newman, Goddard, Burgess, (Wigg, Hore)

Ruc: Grundy, Sauce (Fort)

For: Danger, Heeney, Wingard, Setterfield, Corbett, Cavarra (Shultz, Parker)

78k remaining

Where should I invest the rest of the money, also unsure about wingard, but don’t have the money for Dunkley. Cheers

Fooz

February 11, 2019 at 4:12 pm

I’m not yet sold on Newman. He’s in and out of my team atm. Possibly Newman -> Williams, Wingard -> Dunkley if the maths is right.
      Wingard is on my never again list

• Kambo

February 11, 2019 at 4:13 pm

Reply down below, apologies mate

• Jake

February 11, 2019 at 7:14 pm

I basically agree with Fooz and Kambo. It seems a little too risky. If Wingard, Adams, Martin, Hall, Newman and even Witherden don’t turn out to be Top 10 players in their respective positions, you’ll be making a lot of trades trying to fix them up and get in real premos.

34. Kambo

February 11, 2019 at 4:10 pm

Picks such as Newman, Adams, Dusty, Hall, Sauce and Wingard have me a little worried myself when flicking them through my RDT. Having to upgrade these players at a later point to allow you to have the top players in those positions (forward, midfield ect) will just eat a trade from the limited 30 you have. I may be wrong and these players could possibly be the top tiers for their position, but i can’t help but feel that they will be the ones to keep you out of your match ups against better opponents later on the season.
    Hall to me will be utilized as an outside midfielder on the wing for the most part of the match and with his injury history as well as not being able to play through a tag makes him too much of a risk. He has gone big before with Gablett by his side however i can’t see oppositions letting Hall and/or Polec run free on the outside part of the game.
    Adams and Dusty feel more like an upgrade target if they prove themselves to have a decent role this season with the changes both their respective teams have made around them. Redden is a nice smokey in that price range with proven premium scoring in his second half of last season and finals campaign once he got comfortable in his role.
    Even if Sauce finds his for again his scoring still won’t be good enough to be a top caliber ruckman. That’s another trade waiting for a later point of the season.
    Newman to me could have a massive season and be the defense version of Devon Smith last year. If given the Docherty role across half back (no reason he wouldn’t) he will flourish with good returns.

A general rule of thumb i use each year when constructing my RDT is having a minimum of 12 keeper premiums and building around them with the rooks and must have mid pricers that will make a good stepping stone.
    Just some food for thought Mate, Best of Luck in your season !!

• Renegades23

February 11, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Thanks so much for the awesome reply, my team is way better now. Thanks so much

35. Gus Bus

February 11, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Just wanting to get a gauge on what peoples top 6 forwards predictions looks like?
    mine currently in no particular order:
    Danger, Devon, Menegola, Heeney, Kelly, Billings.
    With Westhoff and Dunkleys roles looking like they might be in for a slight change i’ve thrown Kelly and Billings into contention. Any other players likely to be there for you?

• Kambo

February 11, 2019 at 6:05 pm

Can’t rule out Robbie Gray with what he did with a midfield role for part of last year. Worpel and Toby Greene massive sleepers as well. I can’t buy into the Wingard hype especially with his calf injuries. Hogan may be playing a bit of that midfield role at Freo but his durability rules him out for me. Mundy and Buddy the only other ones i can think of who could potentially be up there yet again.

• bullant9

February 11, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Mclean will outscore every player you just mentioned

• Kambo

February 11, 2019 at 7:03 pm

There’s one i also forgot to mention, but also has a bit of a cloud over what role he will play come the season. Can always rely on bullant to have his unfriendly blunt comments.

• bullant9

February 11, 2019 at 7:08 pm

Im friendly , just dont like typing

36. Jess

February 11, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Would love some feedback please!

DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, Williams, Collins, Hore, Wigg (Burgess, Goddard)
    MID: Macrae, Cripps, M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Hannebery, Miles, Walsh, Hind (Bewley, Constable)
    RUC: Grundy, Witts (Cameron, Fort)
    FWD: Smith, Dangerfield, Wingard, Worpel, Setterfield, Cavarra (Parker, Corbett)

37. arcticflyingwombat

February 11, 2019 at 6:36 pm

1 or 2

Grundy, Corbett Redden

Vs Macrae, English, Worpel

• Intelsonic

February 11, 2019 at 8:13 pm

2, would prefer grundy over macrae as a big dog but liking english and worpel this year

38. Monday

February 11, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Best mid price. Worpel or B Smith?

• Jake

February 11, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Bit of a silly question. You’re asking us to compare two entirely different players, in entirely different positions, in different teams,with no context, and you haven’t mentioned which format. If you’re asking who will average more, I would say Worpel, but he’ll be very up and down, and I don’t expect him to play all 22 games this year. Brodie Smith, if fit, is firmly cemented in the Crows Best 22, and has a proven history of scoring well in previous seasons.

Personally I think Brodie Smith is a much safer option and offers more value. Smith is also cheaper than Worpel in every format. I currently have Smith in my AF team, I don’t have Worpel.

• bullant9

February 11, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Worpel will play 22 games

39. Renegades23

February 11, 2019 at 7:21 pm

Would love some feedback on my Real Dream Team please, loved the previous feedback, any suggestions? Keen on laird:

Def: Lloyd, Whitfield, Witho, Williams, Goddard, Burgess, (Wigg, Hore)

Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Treloar Merrett, Adams , Walsh, Bewley, Constable (Stocker, Gibbons, Hind)

Ruc: Grundy, Martin (Fort)

For: Devon Smith, Danger, Heeney, Setterfield, Corbett, Cavarra (Shultz, Parker)

52k remaining

• Jake

February 11, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Great team. Some awesome POD’s. Particularly love the Adams and Martin POD’s. Some excellent Premos in there providing stability, and all the best rookies at this point. Keep an eye on Devon Smith though. I think he’s sitting out training at the moment and might not be right for JLT. Otherwise, I love it.

40. Mad Snake

February 11, 2019 at 7:51 pm

AFL Draft league drafting this Thursday 14th at 10 pm. We need players. Entry PIN is WAEE2YTF. Name of league Tens and Elevens – 10 teams each with 11 on field players. Remember – small is good.