The remaining Teamsheets for Saturday and Sunday games have dropped for the remainder of NAB challenge round 3.
Essendon v Geelong
Deakin Reserve, Shepparton (VIC), Saturday March 5 at 2.05pm AEDT
7. Zach Merrett, 8. Martin Gleeson, 11. David Zaharakis, 12. Mark Baguley, 13. Orazio Fantasia, 14. Jason Ashby, 15. Courtenay Dempsey, 17. Adam Cooney, 19. Shaun Edwards, 20. Jackson Merrett, 24. Craig Bird, 25. Alex Morgan, 28. Mitch Brown, 29. Patrick Ambrose, 30. Kyle Langford, 33. Jayden Laverde, 34. Jake Long, 36. Michael Hartley, 38. Nick Kommer, 41. Will Hams, 42. James Gwilt, 43. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, 44. Shaun McKernan, 45. Conor McKenna, 49. Matt Dea, 52. Jonathan Simpkin, 53. Mark Jamar, 54. Sam Grimley, 56. Sam Michael
Notable absentees: James Kelly, Ryan Crowley, Brendon Goddard, Matthew Leuenberger
1. Rhys Stanley, 3. Jimmy Bartel, 5. Nakia Cockatoo, 6. Lincoln McCarthy, 7. Harry Taylor, 8. Jake Kolodjashnij, 9. Zac Smith, 11. Darcy Lang, 13. Tom Lonergan, 17. Jock Cornell, 18. Josh Cowan, 21. Jordan Murdoch, 22. Mitch Duncan, 23. Josh Caddy, 25. Lachie Henderson, 26. Tom Hawkins, 28. Cory Gregson, 29. Cameron Guthrie, 30. Nathan Vardy, 32. Steven Motlop, 33. George Horlin-Smith, 35. Patrick Dangerfield, 36. Tom Ruggles, 37. Michael Luxford, 39. Shane Kersten, 40. Jackson Thurlow, 43. Zac Bates, 44. Corey Enright, 46. Mark Blicavs
Notable absentees: Joel Selwood, Scott Selwood, Mitch Clark, Jed Bews
Veteran Jimmy Bartel (DEF/MID AF $494,00 RDT $517,000) who now has a defenders mantle instead of fwd, showing just how versatile he is, and we get to see Patrick Dangerfield (MID AF $589,000 RDT $616,400) again. Veteran ruck Mark Jamar (RUCK AF $226,000 RDT $312,600) gets a game for the bombers, and with Leuenberger injured could be great value. One player I fancy after last week is Mitch Duncan (MID for cats and for bombers Zach Merrett (FWD/MID) and Craig Bird (FWD/MID) had reasonable games, whilst for cats George Horlin-Smith (MID), Zachary Smith (RUCK) Daniel Menzel (FWD) had strong games.
Many want to see a bit more from Mark Blicavs (RUCK) and Jonathan Simpkin (FWD/MID) this week and keep an eye on rookies Michael Hartley (DEF) and Darcy Parish (MID).
Could have picked any of the bombers top ups, but this is first time we see former tiger Matthew Dea (DEF AF $170,000 RDT $163,500) rookie priced, could bolster our backlines.
North Melbourne v Collingwood
Robertson Oval, Wagga Wagga (NSW), Saturday March 5 at 4.40pm AEDT
2. Brad McKenzie, 5. Ben Jacobs, 6. Lachlan Hansen, 7. Jack Ziebell, 8. Daniel Wells, 9. Andrew Swallow, 12. Lindsay Thomas, 13. Ryan Clarke, 14. Trent Dumont, 15. Nick Dal Santo, 17. Aaron Mullett, 20. Drew Petrie, 21. Luke McDonald, 22. Todd Goldstein, 25. Robbie Tarrant, 27. Taylor Garner, 28. Robin Nahas, 32. Mason Wood, 34. Jamie Macmillan, 35. Aaron Black, 36. Joel Tippett, 37. Will Fordham, 38. Majak Daw, 39. Mitchell Hibberd, 41. Corey Wagner, 42. Declan Mountford, 43. Sam Gibson, 44. Farren Ray, 50. Ben Brown
Notable absentees: Shaun Higgins, Brent Harvey, Ben Cunnington, Shaun Atley
1. Alex Fasolo, 2. Jordan De Goey, 3. Brent Macaffer 4. Brodie Grundy, 8. Tom Langdon, 9. Jesse White, 10. Scott Pendlebury, 11. Jarryd Blair, 13. Taylor Adams, 14. James Aish, 15. Jarrod Witts, 17. Jonathon Marsh, 18. Travis Varcoe, 19. Levi Greenwood, 21. Tom Phillips, 25. Jack Crisp, 27. Matthew Goodyear, 28. Ben Sinclair, 30. Darcy Moore, 31. Jackson Ramsay, 32. Travis Cloke, 34. Alan Toovey, 35. Brayden Sier, 37. Brayden Maynard, 41. Tim Golds, 43. Adam Oxley, 44. Corey Gault, 45. Jack Frost, 46. Mason Cox
Notable absentees: Steele Sidebottom, Jamie Elliott, Dane Swan, Nathan Brown
First time we see Todd Goldstein (RUCK AF $630,000 RDT $659,500) who was a revelation last year. Many are scared off from his price, but there is no indication he wont keep smashing huge scores. First to see DT mainstay Scott Pendlebury (MID AF $615,000 RDT $643,700) as well. Lots were excited by Jordan de Goey (MID/FWD AF $342,000 RDT $359,800) 102 last week and want to see a repeat. Mitchell Hibberd (DEF/MID AF $165,000 RDT $121,300) cheap def rookie people are hoping to break into the 22. Also rookie priced experienced player Aaron Mullett (DEF AF $162,000 RDT $207,200 ) could bolster our backlines. Mason Cox (RUCK/FWD AF $125,000 RDT $121,300) maybe impressed enough to possibly land a role in fwd line, and could find himself as ruck bench in many teams.
Taylor Adams (MID), Dane Swan (MID), Brodie Grundy (RUCK) will remain on watchlists.
Daniel Wells (MID/FWD AF $293,000 RDT $178,500) injury comeback is well documented and there is much excitement down at Arden St. If he is immediately included in the midfield and racks up a good score, you cant ignore him at that price.
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne
Highgate Recreation Reserve, Craigieburn (VIC), Sunday March 6 at 2.05pm AEDT
3. Mitch Wallis, 5. Matthew Boyd, 6. Luke Dahlhaus, 11. Jack Macrae, 12. Zaine Cordy, 13. Nathan Hrovat, 15. Tom Campbell, 16. Toby McLean, 17. Tom Boyd, 18. Fletcher Roberts, 19. Lukas Webb, 20. Josh Dunkley, 21. Tom Liberatore, 22. Mitch Honeychurch, 23. Jordan Roughead, 26. Declan Hamilton, 27. Will Minson, 28. Josh Prudden, 30. Joel Hamling, 31. Bailey Dale, 32. Kieran Collins, 33. Marcus Adams, 34. Bailey Williams, 35. Caleb Daniel, 36. Brad Lynch, 40. Luke Goetz, 43. Jack Redpath, 44. Jed Adcock, 46. Lin Jong
Notable absentees: Robert Murphy, Jake Stringer, Marcus Bontempelli, Tory Dickson
2. Nathan Jones, 3. Christian Salem, 4. Jack Watts, 7. Jack Viney, 11. Max Gawn, 12. Dom Tyson, 13. Clayton Oliver, 14. Lynden Dunn, 15. Billy Stretch, 16. Dean Kent, 17. Sam Frost, 20. Colin Garland, 21. Cameron Pedersen, 22. Viv Michie, 23. Bernie Vince, 25. Tom McDonald, 28. Oscar McDonald, 29. Jayden Hunt, 30. Alex Neal-Bullen, 31. Jack Grimes, 32. Tomas Bugg, 35. Ben Kennedy, 36. Jeff Garlett, 37. Aaron vandenBerg, 39. Neville Jetta, 42. Josh Wagner, 43. James Harmes, 45. Matt Jones, 46. Dean Terlich
Notable absentees: Jesse Hogan, Heritier Lumumba, Christian Petracca, Angus Brayshaw
Jed Adcock (FWD/DEF AF $342,000 RDT $357,700) gets his first run for the doggies, be good to see his role. I’m interested to see what expensive rookie priced Alex Neal-Bullen (MID/DEF AF $230,000 RDT $241,400) can bring. Nathan Jones (MID AF $475,000 RDT $497,200 ) gets his first game for 2016, proven performaer from past could be a good smokey. Jack Viney (MID) , Aaron Vandenberg (MID/FWD), Max Gawn (RUCK), are all showing signs of a possible breakout season for an improved Dees outfit. Watchlists still include Matthew Boyd (DEF), Luke Dahlhaus (FWD/MID), Mitch Wallis (MID), Jack Macrae (MID).
Finally get to see Tom Liberatore (MID AF $443,000 RDT $343,300) whom they have been raving about preseason form at the Doggies. Hes in most teams, severely underpriced. Basically almost must have if he doesnt get hurt.
Brisbane Lions v St Kilda
Harrup Park, Mackay (QLD), Sunday March 6 at 3.40pm AEST
1. Ben Keays, 2. Ryan Harwood, 4. Ryan Bastinac, 5. Mitch Robinson, 7. Tom Bell, 8. Rohan Bewick, 10. Daniel Rich, 11. Pearce Hanley, 12. Stefan Martin, 14. Josh Walker, 15. Dayne Zorko, 18. Nick Robertson, 21. Daniel Merrett, 22. Marco Paparone, 23. Josh Schache, 24. Liam Dawson, 25. Daniel McStay, 26. Tom Cutler, 28. Lewis Taylor, 29. Jaden McGrath, 30. Eric Hipwood, 31. Harris Andrews, 32. Sam Mayes, 34. Jonathan Freeman, 35. Ryan Lester, 36. Rhys Mathieson, 38. Tom Rockliff, 44. Archie Smith, 46. Billy Evans
1. Tom Hickey, 3. Jack Steven, 4. Eli Templeton, 5. Shane Savage, 6. Sebastian Ross, 7. Luke Dunstan, 8. Blake Acres, 9. Tom Lee, 11. Leigh Montagna, 12. Nick Riewoldt, 13. Jack Lonie, 14. Jarryn Geary, 15. Jack Billings, 16. Jack Newnes, 17. Dylan Roberton, 19. Sam Gilbert, 20. David Armitage, 21. Luke Delaney, 24. Sean Dempster, 25. Sam Fisher, 26. Tom Curren, 27. Josh Bruce, 28. Tim Membrey, 29. Jimmy Webster, 34. Nathan Wright, 35. Josh Saunders, 39. Cameron Shenton, 44. Maverick Weller, 45. Jason Holmes
Pearce Hanley (MID AF $494,000 RDT $517,500) makes a welcome return, he’s one I’d eartag for possible mid/def role for future. Daniel Rich (DEF/MID AF $402,000 RDT $421,500) could get more mid time with Hanleys return, and be a handy Defender POD. Tom Cutler (DEF AF $317,000 RDT $332,500) is another interesting pod to keep an eye on. Mitch Robinson (FWD/MID AF $504,000 RDT $527,800) continues to impress with his form.
Expensive rookie Ryan Harwood (DEF AF $198,000 RDT $262,800) seems to have a DT scoring role and will watch with interest.
Clearly on watchlists premium Saints mids Jack Steven (MID), David Armitage (MID) Leigh Montagna (FWD/MID). Brissy watchlist “must have” ruck Stefan Martin (RUCK), Dayne Zorko (FWD/MID) rookies Ben Keays (MID), Archie Smith (RUCK).
Tom Rockliff (MID AF $579,000 RDT $606,900) Underpriced, must have, even rumours he may play more Forward time wont put us off. We could have a player who averages 135 in our forward line!
Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney
Friday, March 4, 7.10pm AEDT at Drummoyne Oval in Sydney
Swans vs GWS teams have dropped, with much stronger looking lineups then previous weeks this game has a lot of important players to watch.
1. James Rose, 4. Dan Hannebery, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Tom Mitchell, 7. Harry Cunningham, 8. Kurt Tippett, 10. Zak Jones, 11. Jeremy Laidler, 12. Josh P. Kennedy, 13. Toby Nankervis, 14. Callum Mills, 15. Kieren Jack, 18. Callum Sinclair, 22. Dean Towers, 23. Lance Franklin, 24. Dane Rampe, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Daniel Robinson, 28. Nic Newman, 29. George Hewett, 32. Michael Talia, 33. Brandon Jack, 34. Jordan Dawson, 36. Aliir Aliir, 39. Heath Grundy, 40. Nick Smith, 41. Tom Papley, 42. Xavier Richards, 44. Jake Lloyd
Notable absentees: Ted Richards, Ben McGlynn, Sam Reid, Jarrad McVeigh.
1. Phil Davis, 4. Toby Greene, 5. Dylan Shiel, 6. Lachie Whitfield, 7. Rhys Palmer, 8. Callan Ward, 9. Tom Scully, 10. Devon Smith, 11. Jack Steele, 14. Jarrod Pickett, 15. Matthew Kennedy, 16. Nathan Wilson, 17. Steve Johnson, 18. Jeremy Cameron, 20. Adam Tomlinson, 21. Matthew Buntine, 22. Josh Kelly, 23. Heath Shaw, 24. Joel Patfull, 29. Zac Williams, 32. Ryan Griffen, 33. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 34. Caleb Marchbank, 35. Aidan Corr, 36. James Stewart, 37. Rory Lobb, 40. Adam Kennedy, 41. Shane Mumford, 50. Sam Reid
Notable absentees: Jon Patton, Jacob Hopper, Stephen Coniglio,
Big Mummy, Shane Mumford (RUCK AF $524,000 RDT $547,000) has a few injury concerns, but always has the potential for a big DT game. Possibly POD options Dylan Shiel (MID) and Ryan Griffen (MID), Toby Greene (MID/FWD), Devon Smith (MID/FWD) also getting a run. Heath Shaw (DEF AF $532,000 RDT $556,800) Seems to be this years must have premium defender, and many will want to see him earn that. There is a bit of talk about rookie Matthew Kennedy (MID AF $183,000 RDT $170,800) strong performance could get him into the 22.
For Sydney midfield premiums Kieren Jack (MID), Josh Kennedy (MID), Luke Parker (MID), Dan Hannebery (MID), Tom Mitchell (MID) are all getting a game (Wow what a midfield!), and many are hoping Lance Franklin (FWD AF $452,000 RDT $473,300) will have a bit more of the ball this week. Keep an eye on Zak Jones (DEF AF $241,000 RDT $260,200) who is a solid rookie defender. Sam J. Reid (MID/FWD AF $125,000 RDT $122,300) from GWS scored a strong 53 in his first hit out and Sydneys Callum Mills (MID AF $227,000 RDT $215,800) was a prolific scorer last NAB game with an 81, can they follow up?
I simply cannot shake the feeling that Steve Johnson (FWD AF $479,000 RDT $502,000) could go BANG as a forward at GWS. Will they play him as a Key position forward? Give him a run through midfield? Rest him heaps? If he is given any amount of freedom he can rack up the stats, if his body holds out. All reasons why we want to see how he goes at his new team.
West Coast v Gold Coast, Thursday 3 March, 4.10pm AWST at HBF Arena, Joondalup (WA)
Its Week three of the NAB challenge, and Suns vc Eagles teamsheets have dropped. There is no Gaz, so we cant see how serious his injury is. Interestingly both West Coast and Suns fielded very young sides with low Dream Team stats in their first hit outs (The Eagles lost their first NAB Challenge game to Adelaide by 100 points). This game should give us more of an indication for some players, especially the rookies.
1. Mitch Brown, 2. Mark LeCras, 3. Andrew Gaff, 5. Brad Sheppard, 6. Elliot Yeo, 9. Nic Naitanui, 11. Matt Priddis, 14. Liam Duggan, 15. Jamie Cripps, 16. Eric Mackenzie, 17. Josh J. Kennedy, 18. Xavier Ellis, 20. Jeremy McGovern, 22. Jonathan Giles, 23. Lewis Jetta, 24. Luke Partington, 25. Shannon Hurn, 26. Sam Butler, 27. Jack Darling, 28. Tom Cole, 29. Scott Lycett, 30. Jackson Nelson, 31. Will Schofield, 33. Josh Hill 35. Patrick McGinnity, 36. Fraser McInnes, 37. Tom Barrass, 39. Malcolm Karpany, 44. Jamie Bennell
Notable absentees: Chris Masten, Jack Redden, Sharrod Wellingham, Luke Shuey
4. Jack Martin, 5. Jarrod Harbrow, 6. Alex Sexton, 8. Luke Russell, 11. Touk Miller, 12. Sam Day, 13. Callum Ah Chee, 14. Mitch Hallahan, 15. Dan Currie, 18. Trent McKenzie, 20. Henry Schade, 21. Jack Leslie, 23. Sean Lemmens, 26. Matt Shaw, 27. Clay Cameron, 29. Brayden Fiorini, 30. Peter Wright, 31. Keegan Brooksby, 32. Brandon Matera, 33. Aaron Hall, 34. Mackenzie Willis, 36. Josh Schoenfeld, 37. Jesse Lonergan, 39. Ryan Davis, 40. Tom Keough, 41. Jarrod Garlett, 42. Adam Saad, 44. Darcy Macpherson, 48. Seb Tape
Notable absentees: Tom Lynch, Dion Prestia, Gary Ablett, Jaeger O’Meara, Nick Malceski, Matt Rosa, David Swallow
We get to see Nic Naitanui (RUCK AF $489,000 RDT $511,900) Matt Priddis (MID AF $570,000 RDT $596,800), Andrew Gaff (MID AF $579,000 RDT $606,600) grace the field as real premium choices.. Liam Duggan (MID/FWD AF $250,000 RDT $262,300) is just rookie priced, and on a few radars.
Dan Currie (RUCK AF $125,000 RDT $128,200) is still being given a chance to contest against Nicholls as the main ruck. Many will still watch out for players Elliot Yeo (DEF/MID), Kade Kolodjashnij (DEF). Also keep an eye on Touk Miller (MID/FWD) & Aaron Hall (FWD/MID) as both are a good chance for having break outs this year.
West Coast defender Eric Mackenzie (DEF AF $205,000 RDT $237,000) is set to return for his first game in more than 12 months, and he comes at bargain basement price. He is quite capable of scoring well, and has great Job security so many will jump on him.